When I embarked on my weight loss journey in 2008, I was still in university and so, my goal was simple: graduate, find a job, and lose weight. As time went by I graduated, found a job, and ultimately reached my initial goal weight. I’ve come to realize that without setting new goals, it’s easy to get into a slump and think “is this all there is?”. Will I work this same job for the rest of my life? What happens now that I’m at a healthy weight?
Recently I’ve come up with a list of short term goals for myself, and I thought I would share them here. I do have medium-term and long-term goals, but for now I’m focusing on the short-term since I tend to get wrapped up in looking too far ahead and not focusing taking action in the short-term.
Fitness Goals (To accomplish by December 2013)
- Reach my ultimate goal weight (130lbs)
- Run two more half marathons (that will make 4 in total)
- Run my second marathon (and do so in < 5 hours)
- Attempt X-Country Skiing.
- Hold a 2-minute plank (this goes along with my 2013 resolution of strengthening my core)
Professional Goals (to achieve by December 2013)
- Get my personal training certification
- Work in some capacity (even part-time) in a fitness-related field
- Complete my nutrition certification
Personal Goals (by July 1, 2013)
Grow my $*)#()F) fingernails already!!!!
- Get as Swimp3 player so I don’t conjure up anxiety inducing thoughts while I swim (it happens…)